Belize is located in the continent of North America. It Mexico to the north, Cuba to the far Northeast, Jamaica to the far east, Honduras to the south, Guatemala to the southwest, and Mexico to the west.
The capital is Belmopan.
The official language is English.
The climate is subtropical, with a dry season late February to May, and a wet season from June to November.
The staple foods are rice, beans, beef, chicken, lobster, pork, shrimp, rum cakes and so many more delicious foods (https://belize.com/top-ten-things-to-taste-in-belize/#:~:text=The%20traditional%20and%20world%2Dfamous,something%20like%20the%20national%20dish.).
RICE & BEANS WITH BELIZEAN STEWED CHICKEN (https://caribbeanlifestyle.com/rice-and-beans-sunday-dinna/):
- ½ C onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 C stewed beans (kidney or red beans)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh black pepper
- ½ tsp thyme or 2 thyme leaves
- 2 C white rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 C coconut milk or 1 packet coconut milk powder (unsweetened)
- 1 C water
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 TBSP diced cilantro
- From the beans ingredients, saute onions and garlic in coconut oil until fragrant.
- Add stewed beans along with its liquid, and season with salt, pepper, thyme.
- Stir in rice, coconut milk, and water.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed.
- Reduce to a simmer.
- Sprinkle with ¼ C water, cover, and continue cooking for 10 minutes or until rice is tender and fluffy.
- 3 lbs. chicken parts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP chicken consumme powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp thyme
- 1 tsp complete seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 TBSP coconut oil
- ¾ tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp red recado, dissolved in warm water
- ¼ C onion, diced
- ¼ C green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp cilantro, diced
- While the rice is cooking, season chicken with half of the recado and remaining dry ingredients.
- Marinate for 30 minutes, and up to overnight.
- Heat coconut oil and sugar until bubbling, then add chicken and saute until golden brown.
- Add diluted recado, onions, green pepper, and cilantro.
- Add water to just cover the chicken, and simmer over medium heat for 25-30 minutes.
BELIZEAN FUDGE (https://caribbeanlifestyle.com/recipe-belizean-fudge/):
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 C sugar
- ¼ C butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
- ¼ C raisins, peanuts, or shredded coconut, optional
- Grease a cookie sheet with butter and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a nonstick saucepan and cook on medium, stirring constantly until it starts to bubble.
- Continue cooking or approximately 12 to 15 minutes stirring constantly until medium brown.
- Add raisins, nuts, or shredded coconut if desired.
- Mixture is ready when it pulls away from sides of saucepan.
- Pour onto cookie sheet and cool before cutting into 2-inch squares.
Store in an airtight container.