Montenegro is located in the continent of Europe. It has Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Serbia to the north, Kosovo and Bulgaria to the east, Macedonia to the southeast, Albania to the south, Italy to the far southwest, and the Mediterranean Sea to the west.
The capitals are Podgorica and Cetinje is the Old Royal Capital.
The official language is Montenegrin.
The climate is dry in the summers (July), and mild, rainy winters.
The staple foods are stews, smoked fish, mutton, pork, beef, cheese, veggies, potatoes, apples, chokecherries, pomegranates and so much more!!
NJEGUSKI STEK (https://foodperestroika.com/2019/08/27/njeguski-stek-montenegros-unsung-national-dish/ ):
- 1-2 lb. boneless veal loin chop or pork steak
- salt to taste
- 1/4 C Prosciutto
- 1/4 C cheese
- Remove the fatty parts from the meat.
- Using a meat pounder, flatten between two sheets of plastic film to form a rectangle of approximately 14 cm c 20 cm.
- Season lightly with salt.
- Cut the prosciutto and cheese into small pieces.
- Spread on top of half of the meat and sprinkle with thyme.
- Fold the meat over. Saute in butter, or grill until the steak is brown and the internal temperature of the meat is 145F.
- Serve with your favorite side dish like french fries, or a salad.
- 1 tsp of oil (coconut works well but any will do)
- 1-3/4 C desiccated coconut
- 1-3/4 C dark chocolate (or cooking chocolate)
- 1-3/4 C of powdered sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp of rum/alcohol of choice (or lemon/orange juice for the soft version)
- ¾ ~ 1 C desiccated coconut (for the coating)
- Cover your hands with the oil so that the mixture does not stick to them.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients. Mix everything thoroughly with your hands to make the combination even and soft.
- Take a small amount of mixture in your hand and form small balls (roughly the size of a gobstopper).
- Roll them in the coconut.
- Leave the bombice in a dry and cool place to harden.
- Once set, transfer to a sealed container and store in a cool, dry place.
Try not to eat them all at once.