The Cayman Islands are located in the continent of North America. It has Cuba to the north, Haiti, Dominican Republic, and Jamaica to the east, Honduras and Nicaragua to the south, Belize and Mexico to the southwest, and the Gulf of Mexico to the west.
The capital is George Town.
The official language is English.
The climate is tropical. Temperatures range from 75 to 81 degrees F. Hurricane can occur from June through November.
The staple foods are jerk chicken, rice, peas, black beans, fried plantain, conch, turtle meat, dolphin, mangoes and a variety of more (https://www.worldtravelguide.net/guides/caribbean/cayman-islands/food-and-drink/).
CAYMAN COCONUT SHRIMP (https://jiriecaribbean.com/cayman-coconut-shrimp/):
- 1 TBSP coconut oil, for deep-frying
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- 1 C shredded coconut flakes
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp Jirie Caribbean All Purpose Seasoning
- ½ C coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb. extra jumbo shrimp (deveined and butterflied)
- Add coconut oil to a medium Dutch oven or large high-sided skillet.
- Heat over medium heat until a deep-frying thermometer inserted in the oil registers 325 degrees F.
- Set up a breading station using 2 shallow bowls or pie pans.
- In one bowl, whisk together the flour, coconut flakes, sugar and some salt and pepper.
- In the second bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, Jirie All Purpose Seasoning, eggs and 3 TBSP warm water.
- One at a time, dip the shrimp into the egg mixture, then dredge in the dry mixture, making sure the shrimp are thoroughly coated.
- Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Fry the shrimp in batches until golden brown, about 5 minutes, making sure to turn them occasionally.
- Remove to a plate or baking sheet lined with paper towels to drain.
- Serve immediately or hold for up to 10 minutes in the oven at 200 degrees F.
- Serve the shrimp with the spicy mango sauce and garlic sweet potato wedges on the side.
SPICY MANGO SAUCE (https://pearlymoonspa.com/blogs/feeding-the-womb/spicy-mango-sauce):
- Mango juice
- Lime juice
- Orange juice
- Coconut cream
- Black pepper
- Chili powder
- Mint leaves
- Heat a small pot or frying pan on low-medium heat.
- Begin adding all your ingredients.
- First; add your juices, spices, mint leaves, and honey, stirring bringing to a simmer, allow to simmer for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Second; Add coconut cream to pot, again stirring bringing to a simmer, simmer for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Third; Reduce heat to low and leave for 5 minutes, remove from heat, cool, store in refrigerator and enjoy!
- Don’t forget to remove your mint leaves before storing.
GARLIC SWEET POTATO WEDGES (https://therecipecritic.com/sweet-potato-fries/):
- 3 – 4 sweet potatoes
- ¼ C extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 1 TBSP Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper (freshly ground black pepper or to taste)
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut each sweet potato lengthwise in half.
- Cut each half into ½-inch slices.
- In a large bowl add the potato strips, olive oil, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a 15x10x1-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with any remaining coating.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with ketchup, ranch, or sauce of choice.
MINI KETO CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE BITES (https://www.choczero.com/blogs/recipes/mini-keto-chocolate-lava-cake):
- 2 large eggs
- ½ C ChocZero Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- ¼ C granulated sugar substitute
- 2 TBSP almond flour
- 2 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, ChocZero Chocolate Hazelnut Spread, sweetener, almond flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Spray a cupcake pan with non-stick cooking spray until the walls and bottoms are well coated.
- Divide the batter evenly into each cupcake pan opening.
- Bake for 8 minutes on the center rack of the oven. Do NOT open the oven door during this time. Each lava cake bite will appear under cooked but will finish baking as they cool.
- Remove the pan and let cool for 5 minutes before carefully removing each cake from the pan.