The Marshall Islands are located in the continent of Oceania. It has Midway Island to the north, the Pacific Ocean and the Hawaiian Islands to the far east, Tarawa and Tuvalu to the south, Nauru to the southwest, the Federated States of Micronesia to the west, and the Northern Mariana Islands to the northwest.
The capital is Majuro.
The official language is Marshallese.
The climate is tropical. The wettest months are October and November.
The staples are rice, sago, kau kau, seafood, chicken, game, pork, a variety of greens, bananas, roasted chestnuts, fruits of all kinds, and much, much more (https://recipes.fandom.com /wiki/Marshallese_Cuisine#:~:text=The%20staple%20foods%20in%20Marshall,a%20large%20variety%20of%20greens.).
BARRAMUNDI COD WITH LEMON BASIL SAUCE (https://www.tfrecipes.com/barramundi-cod/):
- 4 oz. fillets barramundi (Asian Sea Bass)
- 1 TBSP olive oil, or as needed
- 1 C dried breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1 C melted butter
- ¼ C lemon juice
- ¼ C white wine
- 2 TBSP basil, chopped, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush fish with olive oil.
- Mix breadcrumbs, seafood seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, lemon zest, and thyme together in a bowl.
- Press fish in breadcrumb mixture to coat all sides.
- Arrange coated fish on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Flip fish and continue baking until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes more.
- Stir butter, lemon juice, white wine, and basil together in a bowl, drizzle over cooked fish.
ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON BUTTER (https://www.infomarshallislands.com/asparagus-with-lemon-butter/):
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1-1/2 lbs. asparagus, trimmed
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- Bring 2-inches salted water to a boil in a wide 10-inch saucepan or skillet.
- Place asparagus in saucepan, cook until just tender, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Drain well in a colander.
- Return the asparagus to the pan, toss with butter, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
MARSHALL ISLANDS MACADAMIA NUT PIE (https://recipeland.com/recipe/v/marshall-islands-macadamia-nut–6060):
- 2 C macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 C coconut, shredded
- One 9-inch unbaked pie shell
- 4 large eggs
- 1 C light corn syrup
- ½ C sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 3 TBSP cream of coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Press coconut into the bottom and sides of an unbaked pie shell.
- If macadamia nuts are salted, place in a colander and rinse with hot water.
- Drain well, dry thoroughly with paper towel.
- Combine eggs, corn syrup, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
- Fold in macadamia nuts. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 F and continue baking until top is brown and filling is set; this will take about 30 more minutes.
- Let pie cool.
- Whip the heavy cream to soft peaks.
- Fold the cream of coconut into the whipped cream.
- Slice pie into wedges and serve, passing coconut cream separately.
- You can also top the pie with chopped up macadamia nuts.